You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a60W MagSafe power adapter with "L" style connector and want to find an adaptor so as to use it on my new MacBook Pro 16 that has a "C" power plug.

60W MagSafe power adapter with "L" style connector need adaptor to use with new MacBook Pro that has USB C connections

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 7:57 AM

Even if you find such an adapter from a third-party online, it’s not a good idea. Newer Macs use the USB-C power delivery standard, which requires electronic negotiation between the computer and the charger. The old MagSafe chargers do not have that capability.

2 replies

I have a60W MagSafe power adapter with "L" style connector and want to find an adaptor so as to use it on my new MacBook Pro 16 that has a "C" power plug.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.