You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact names from Google are not showing when they call

I've added a second account on my IPhone 11 (iOS 14.2) from Google. I've enabled syncing for contacts only.

All contacts with their names are shown on the Contacts app and can normally browse them. But when one calls me, their name is not showing up. What's even worse is that because I have the "unknown numbers as spam" option, their call is not coming through!

I've tried disabling contacts sync from ICloud and enabling it back again. Restarted the phone. Default account on Settings -> Contacts app is the Google account. Nothing worked.

Is this known? Is there anything else I can do?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 12:29 PM

2 replies

Nov 17, 2020 12:01 PM in response to kbariotis

Hey there kbariotis,

Let's team up and take a closer look at what's happening with the contacts you're syncing from your Google account. As you mentioned Google is set to the default account for Contacts and not iCloud, disabling/enabling iCloud contacts would have no bearing on what's occurring. While you may need to contact Google about this as it's an account through them, we'd like to rule out what we can with you:

1. Please confirm if you've already tested disabling/enabling Google contacts like you did with iCloud contacts.
  2. If you've already contacted Google about this, let us know the steps you tried with them.
  3. After logging into the Google website, please confirm if your contacts are showing correctly.
  4. Let's make sure you have the latest carrier settings update for your iPhone: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Please keep us posted on these four details, and we'll go from there. Take care!

Nov 18, 2020 3:09 AM in response to ryane77

Thank you,

I did try to disable/enable the Google contacts sync from the Contacts app (with eliminating all contacts from the phone) before I posted this and it didn't seem to work. I tried it again now and waited a few minutes before I enabled it again and now seemed to work.

I will be monitoring it for a few days and see how it goes.

Thank you again

Contact names from Google are not showing when they call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.