You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My battery health is significantly degrading

Hello,

I have an Iphone 11 i bought it on february 2020. My battery health at the moment is 87% and I think that is way too low. I use my phone a lot but still it’s one of the latest phones it shoudn’t be that low in such period of time.

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 1:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 1:27 PM

All lithium-ion batteries degrade overtime, that’s completely normal.

87% may seem like a lot for 9 months of use, but there is no 1 rate of degradation, it varies by use among many other things.

As long as the phone gets you through the day and performs well everything is fine.

2 replies

Nov 10, 2020 1:52 PM in response to Iphone11userr

On average the battery will lose about 1% capacity for each 25 full charge cycles. If you are a very heavy user and charge it multiple times a day, or if you let the battery state of charge drop to zero frequently that will impact the capacity over the long term.

That said, 87% is lower than I would expect for a phone less than a year old.

My battery health is significantly degrading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.