You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photo back up to iCloud alway return, using sll iPhone storage

How in the world do I prevent over 50k of photos, most triplicates + from ending up back on my iPhone. It makes my phone virtually useless bc I am left without memory. And what is causing my photos to duplicate? Files as well. At this point I need therapy, bc there’s no way to manually delete what I’ve got.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 11:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 12:09 PM

You can choose to use iCloud to store the originals but doing so will also store a smaller footprint on the device (providing you're using the Optimize Phone Storage feature). Alternatively, you can offload the photos to a computer or external hard drive/device, or maybe even a third-party cloud storage option, e.g. Dropbox, Google Photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2020 12:09 PM in response to Tina McKee-Rizzo

You can choose to use iCloud to store the originals but doing so will also store a smaller footprint on the device (providing you're using the Optimize Phone Storage feature). Alternatively, you can offload the photos to a computer or external hard drive/device, or maybe even a third-party cloud storage option, e.g. Dropbox, Google Photos.

My photo back up to iCloud alway return, using sll iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.