You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote over a Zoom meeting

Is it possible to see my presenter notes when Keynote is in play mode? I am presenting over Zoom to a large audience and I just have my laptop.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 4:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 9:20 PM

No, I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to.

On Zoom, you can specify a monitor or window to display. If you had a laptop and a 2nd monitor, then I think you would set up Zoom to display the 2nd monitor and display your speaker notes on the laptop. But since you only have the one laptop monitor … you don't have a way, even ignoring Zoom, to run the presentation and view the notes on your single screen.

Or did I misunderstand your setup?

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2020 9:20 PM in response to JGCoss

No, I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to.

On Zoom, you can specify a monitor or window to display. If you had a laptop and a 2nd monitor, then I think you would set up Zoom to display the 2nd monitor and display your speaker notes on the laptop. But since you only have the one laptop monitor … you don't have a way, even ignoring Zoom, to run the presentation and view the notes on your single screen.

Or did I misunderstand your setup?

Nov 22, 2020 8:34 AM in response to JGCoss

To show Keynote presenter notes in Zoom using one display, you have to use a bit of a workaround, as Zoom does not have a dedicated tool for this. It works perfectly well and its easy enough to set up, we use this method every day in our presentations on Zoom:

look at this YouTube video which is the best description I have seen of the procedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx1Ysf_eozQ

Keynote over a Zoom meeting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.