You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting An error occurred loading the update. when I try to update Big Sur

How do I update to Big Sur

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 7:53 AM

Hello davidfromeden prarie and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty upgrading to macOS Big Sur.

Start by going to the Applications menu and dragging the Big Sur installer to the trash. Then empty the trash and reboot the Mac. Finally, start the process again in the Mac App Store with a fresh download.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 22, 2020 7:53 AM in response to davidfromeden prairie

Hello davidfromeden prarie and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty upgrading to macOS Big Sur.

Start by going to the Applications menu and dragging the Big Sur installer to the trash. Then empty the trash and reboot the Mac. Finally, start the process again in the Mac App Store with a fresh download.

Cheers.

I keep getting An error occurred loading the update. when I try to update Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.