You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with "Preview" and Jpeg compression

Hi all,

i got a problem with the new OS Big Sur:

Normally i use "Preview" not only for change the images format but, also, for change the JPEG compression.

When I try to change the JEPG compression, whatever percentage I decide the file size doesn't change. Before i was able to see the preview regarding the compression/file size, actually i cannot see nothing even if I move the compression to 10% (for example) and save the file, the file will have the same size as the original as if the compression was not active.

I tried in 2 different Mac, same things so i'm not the only one. Any idea?

Best regards,

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 3:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 8:57 PM

I spoke with others and we are all in the same situations plus, why they change the graphics like that? How is possible to see the percentage or the scale regarding the compression? If i have to replicate the same compression with different images?

Left the old Preview, right the new Preview.

11 replies

Problem with "Preview" and Jpeg compression

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.