You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Big Sur secondary monitor flickering - MacPro 2019

I have two DELL P2414H Monitors, and after the update of my Mac 2019 for Big Sur version, one of the monitors are flickering. Never had a problem when using Catalina.

Basically, I have a docking station from Thinkpad and one of the monitors is connected to it and connects to my MacPro with USB-c and the other I am using a display port adapter and connected directly to my Mac. The monitor using USB-c is flickering after the update.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 3:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 9:36 AM

Hey ejamartins!

Thanks for touching base here in Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help provide some steps to help isolate your external display issue.

Have you tried booting in and out of safe mode to see if the issue continues?

Safe mode will clear the system cache and repair directory related issues.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Checking your hardware connections is also a good idea. If the issue continues you can also try resetting the NVRAM on the Mac.

Take a look at the resources below and keep us updated.

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2020 9:36 AM in response to ejamartins

Hey ejamartins!

Thanks for touching base here in Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help provide some steps to help isolate your external display issue.

Have you tried booting in and out of safe mode to see if the issue continues?

Safe mode will clear the system cache and repair directory related issues.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Checking your hardware connections is also a good idea. If the issue continues you can also try resetting the NVRAM on the Mac.

Take a look at the resources below and keep us updated.

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Cheers!

macOS Big Sur secondary monitor flickering - MacPro 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.