You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth not available

On my MacBook Pro (macOS Mojave 10.14.6), bluetooth is no longer connected (icon at top has black horiz squiggly). In preferences/network it shows as NOT connected with NO option to connect it. I have read several articles and tips and nothing is working. The latest attempt involves finding and removing com.apple.bluetooth.plist from the library. I cannot find this file using Spotlight or Finder. Until recently, I was able to use Airdrop without a problem as well as my wireless mouse - could the prob be related to software updates?? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 10:44 AM

1. Close System Preferences if opened.

2. Open the Finder and press Command + Shift + G.

3. Enter /Library/Preferences/ in the text field and press Go.

4. Find com.apple.Bluetooth.plist (and also com.apple.Bluetooth.plist.lock, if available) in the opened directory.

5. Delete those file(s).

6. Shut down your Mac, waiting a few seconds before turning it back on.

7. Navigate back to the System Preferences > Bluetooth section and ensure Bluetooth is turned on, and re-pair all of your Bluetooth devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 17, 2020 10:44 AM in response to paperhai

1. Close System Preferences if opened.

2. Open the Finder and press Command + Shift + G.

3. Enter /Library/Preferences/ in the text field and press Go.

4. Find com.apple.Bluetooth.plist (and also com.apple.Bluetooth.plist.lock, if available) in the opened directory.

5. Delete those file(s).

6. Shut down your Mac, waiting a few seconds before turning it back on.

7. Navigate back to the System Preferences > Bluetooth section and ensure Bluetooth is turned on, and re-pair all of your Bluetooth devices.

bluetooth not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.