You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spinning wheel

What’s the spinning wheel next to the WiFi symbol and why does appear a lot of the times on the iPadOS 14.2????

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 6:01 AM

If background network activity is continuing, perhaps you iPad is re-synchronising locally stored data with iCloud - or maybe backing-up to an iCloud backup.

Without having direct access to your iPad and its current configuration, or a network analyser to study exactly what network traffic is being sent/received from your iPad, it is impossible for me to provide a definitive answer.

If your iPad is otherwise behaving normally, I wouldn’t worry. Unless your iPad is connected to external power, the iPad will disable its WiFi radio whilst it sleeps. This will interrupt any sync/backup process - and prolong the process; when awake, the iPad will pick-up where it left-off.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2020 6:01 AM in response to Lcfcno1fan

If background network activity is continuing, perhaps you iPad is re-synchronising locally stored data with iCloud - or maybe backing-up to an iCloud backup.

Without having direct access to your iPad and its current configuration, or a network analyser to study exactly what network traffic is being sent/received from your iPad, it is impossible for me to provide a definitive answer.

If your iPad is otherwise behaving normally, I wouldn’t worry. Unless your iPad is connected to external power, the iPad will disable its WiFi radio whilst it sleeps. This will interrupt any sync/backup process - and prolong the process; when awake, the iPad will pick-up where it left-off.

spinning wheel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.