You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay “TV Speakers” and Sonos/other Apple TV audio simultaneously

I used to be able to play music/Spotify/pandora on my Apple TV hooked to my receiver and then airplay it to other rooms that had Sonos and other Apple TV’s for simultaneous sound throughout the house. However, now when I select another room or speaker it will mute the sound in the Apple TV I am using. I can select every other room and they will all play the audio, except the Apple TV I am using. It seems that they changed it to “TV Speakers” as the source of the Apple TV you are using, and when you try and airplay simultaneously to another speaker it mutes that “TV Speaker”. What’s up?

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 9:09 PM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2020 12:46 PM in response to pablovi77

If it was possible before, is there a devise or application or a way to enable my apple TV to allow me to play Spotify or Pandora on the TV at the same time that I AirPlay2 to my Sonos speakers?

Why is apple allowing this on Itunes and YouTube and all the other Apps, expert Spotify and Pandora? There is got to be a way to make it happen, any clues?

thanks,

DE1818

Airplay “TV Speakers” and Sonos/other Apple TV audio simultaneously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.