You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM card & new iphone

during purchase process at online apple store I selected my carrier-Verizon; do I still have to move the SIM card from my iPhone 11 to the new iPhone 23?

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 10:07 AM

No. Since you chose Verizon, and verified the number is eligible for an upgrade, your phone will come with a Verizon Sim, which when turned on should automatically activate your phone number to your new phone.

5 replies

Nov 20, 2020 10:13 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

The OP will NOT need to move their sim to the new phone. Having just moved from iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Max to iPhone 12 and 12 Pro Max, when I chose the phones on Apple.com, I chose my carrier and the telephone number is automatically checked for upgradeability. Once we got the phones, the moment we turned them on and set them up, our numbers were automatically moved to the new phones without any requirement to activate them or move our sim cards from the previous phones. It was simply seamless and great all in one.

SIM card & new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.