You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off sound for facebook messenger

Hey i want to get rid of facebook's messenger annoying notification sound, but i don't want to stop all notifications. Ideally i would like for notifications to appear if someone is messaging me, but without any sound at all. Is it possible with IOS.

Thanks,

George

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 4:45 PM

Hi Gsinekliev,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you are trying to manage your notifications. You can turn off Sounds for the Messenger app by going to Settings > Notifications > Messenger. There, you should see "Sounds" and be able to turn it off while keeping the alert and badge on.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2020 4:45 PM in response to gsinekliev

Hi Gsinekliev,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you are trying to manage your notifications. You can turn off Sounds for the Messenger app by going to Settings > Notifications > Messenger. There, you should see "Sounds" and be able to turn it off while keeping the alert and badge on.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care!

Turn off sound for facebook messenger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.