You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini 2020 and external displays

I ordered a MacMini 2020 today and then canceled after reading a review that it will not support three monitors as my 2018 Mac mini does. I wanted to ask the community if this is true?

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 5:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 7:19 PM

Yes, you can review the spec’s for both models in an earlier thread.

See > I have 3 4k 27 inch Monitors and am think… - Apple Community

6 replies

Nov 21, 2020 6:45 PM in response to Jolly Blackburn1

I have the same question. Why would Apple do this?? I have the new MacMini coming this next week. I am trying to figure out a way to hook up dual monitors and still have a thunderbolt port for external drives. I wish it still had 4 outputs, two for monitors and two for peripherals . I had the 2018 Mac mini hooked up to one usb-c port and the other to the HDMI port. Colors did not match at all. I then hooked the monitors using 2 usb-c to HDMI cables and all works great and I still have 2 ports for drives etc. Now what is a guy to do? Go to one wide screen monitor?

Mac mini 2020 and external displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.