You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Keychain Access: No Passwords

I just received my new 2020 MPB running Big Sur and transferred everything directly using Migration Assistant. However, none - not one - of my stored passwords transferred across. Only certificates and keys. I can tell because a) I cannot see any passwords in the Keychain Access app, and b) when I attempt to log on to a web site or app where the password is stored - for example, my Adobe account - I am not prompted to select the password (as I was on OS X Catalina).

A few other comments:

• Yes I can still see the passwords in my old MBP 2019.
  • Yes I can still see the passwords in my iOS devices.
  • I tried exporting the Keychains from my MBP 2019 then imported manually into Keychain access on my MBP 2020 running Big Sur, but no change.
  • I note that the UI of KeyChain Access is completely different and does not seem to have an 'iCloud' section. See screenshots.

Also: in OS X, passwords were indicated using the "@" symbol, but these are not showing up in Keychain Access on Big Sur.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 5:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 8:25 AM

I solved it. In system preferences, check to make sure your Apple ID is verified. Mine was not, after migrating over to OS 11 - and I was not aware of that. All's fine now.

1 reply

Big Sur Keychain Access: No Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.