You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting shared note

Will a person be notified on their end if I delete a note I have previously shared with them? Additionally, based on other things I have seen while trying to find this you, the person has not yet "accepted" the shared note. They are still "invited" - I don't know if that information is useful or not to the situation. Or if this is easier to answer, I'm looking at my notes app again, will they be notified if I "stop sharing" with them?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 5:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 6:34 PM

When you stop sharing the note with another person then the note will immediately get deleted in the Notes app of that person. There is no notification involved except that the note will be disappear at the person's end.

You stated that the person has not accepted the invitation. If this is the case then nothing will happen at that person's end when you stop sharing.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 22, 2020 6:34 PM in response to harl64

When you stop sharing the note with another person then the note will immediately get deleted in the Notes app of that person. There is no notification involved except that the note will be disappear at the person's end.

You stated that the person has not accepted the invitation. If this is the case then nothing will happen at that person's end when you stop sharing.

Axel F.

deleting shared note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.