You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular data stops working when I leave wifi

Every time I get into my car and move away from my home wifi cellular data does not work. I need to turn on airplane mode then off for it to work . I did reset network settings and did reset my phone. All the family iphones are having the same issue for a while now we’re all using ios 14.2

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 4:36 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 1, 2020 8:30 AM in response to MKHAIR

Hey there MKHAIR,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having issues using your cellular data as expected from your iPhone. We know how important it is to have this working as expected and we’ll be happy to help.

You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far. The fact that this affects multiple devices is interesting and could point to the issue having something to do with the Wi-Fi connection.

If resetting the network settings on your iPhone didn’t help, try restarting your Wi-Fi router and make sure it has the settings suggested from this link:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Also, check for a Carrier Settings update, and inspect the SIM card as stated in this article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Dec 2, 2020 8:27 AM in response to MKHAIR

Hey MKHAIR,

Thanks for that info. Carrier settings can be affected by your carrier. Did you reach out to your carrier and let them know what was happening? If not, reaching out to them may be a good step to take for this.

If you’ve already reached out to them and are still experiencing the issue, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support at this link to look into this with you:

Contact Apple Support

Kind regards.

Cellular data stops working when I leave wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.