You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband automatically looping upon midi input

Please.... help!

I'm using Garageband 10.3.5 on a Macbook Pro. When I input a midi track - say, a synth or drums playing in by hand, the track loops indefinitely and I have to control click on the bit to stop it looping.

Why is this suddenly happening? I've searched and googled to find a way to turn off this automatic looping feature, to no avail. Beginning to feel a bit like an amateur :/

Any assistance or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 6:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:26 PM

Hey Kerri Ayling,

We understand you're having issues with inputting a midi track and the track looping indefinitely.

We can understand how this would be problematic for you. We'd suggest reaching out to Apple Support so they can look into this behavior with you further.

They can be reached using this link:

Get Support

We hope they're able to get you on a path to resolution.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2020 5:26 PM in response to Kerri Ayling

Hey Kerri Ayling,

We understand you're having issues with inputting a midi track and the track looping indefinitely.

We can understand how this would be problematic for you. We'd suggest reaching out to Apple Support so they can look into this behavior with you further.

They can be reached using this link:

Get Support

We hope they're able to get you on a path to resolution.

Take care.

Garageband automatically looping upon midi input

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.