You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble Installing Big Sur from Recovery Mode.

I just bought the new M1 MacBook Pro a few days ago. Today I was on the phone with support trying to free up space for my internal hard drive and long story short they told me to restore back to new. So upon doing that with them I then started having problems with Big Sur installing. The download goes about 45% to being finished and I get an error message saying “An error occurred while preparing the update. Failed to personalize the software update. Please try again.” They have walked me through a lot of troubleshooting steps but still can’t install Big Sur. Anyone have any advice on how to resolve this? I really appreciate your help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 12:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 1:54 AM

Do not know it they walked you through all these steps but have read over Here from Apple Support on M1 Reinstall macOS

Similar questions

1 reply

Trouble Installing Big Sur from Recovery Mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.