You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the file "i Tunes library.itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes

Hello,

1-I was using an old itunes, then connected my new iphone of OS14 to it so it couldn't read it.

2- i removed it and tried to download the latest version which i found needs windows 10 , while i am using windows 8.1

3- searched for elder versions of iTunes, that i have luckily found , downloaded and installed, but whenever i try to run it, it gives me that message :

"the file "i Tunes library.itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes"

can you please help me ?

thank you

J

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 2:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 4:29 AM

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community, in particular the bullet points towards the bottom.

tt2

1 reply

the file "i Tunes library.itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.