You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning triangle in photos.

I have recently had this problem of thumbnails showing but not expanding, and the triangle appearing. I have tried some of the suggestions to fix this, but it is still a problem. Photos that I have uploaded from my camera seem to be ok, but if I try to view those taken with my iPad or iPhone I can’t expand them.

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 5:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 6:53 AM

What is the system version of your iPhone and iPad? And the system version of your Mac? Are the iPhone and iPad images in the space saving HEIF format? Then your Mac would need a system version of macOS 10.13 or later to be able to handle the images taken with the iPhone or iPad.

See Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2020 6:53 AM in response to Geriatricval

What is the system version of your iPhone and iPad? And the system version of your Mac? Are the iPhone and iPad images in the space saving HEIF format? Then your Mac would need a system version of macOS 10.13 or later to be able to handle the images taken with the iPhone or iPad.

See Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

Warning triangle in photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.