You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 to print from my iMac.

It worked well in past. It seemed to occur with Catalina update. Now on Big Sur. Still not working.

I installed then reinstalled my HP Printer driver software as well

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:15 AM

Please refer to HP printer doesn't work and you see a warning that HP software

If you have done the steps in that advice letter and it is still not working, please do the following :

·Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2020 11:15 AM in response to garym21522

Please refer to HP printer doesn't work and you see a warning that HP software

If you have done the steps in that advice letter and it is still not working, please do the following :

·Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

Nov 24, 2020 1:34 PM in response to garym21522

Turn off the printer and unplug it for ~5 minutes. Uninstall the Printer using the HP Uninstall, go into Finder and search for anything/everything HP and delete those files - everything HP related. Empty the Trash. Restart the computer. Again go into Finder and search for anything/everything HP and delete those files - everything HP related. Empty the Trash. Again restart the computer.  Plug the printer back in and turn it on.  Open System Preferences, Printers & Scanners, add a printer using the Generic PCL Laser Printer and it worked for my OfficeJet 8600 Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.