You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth/Audio Playback Problems

Hi, I have a new M1 MacBook Pro running the latest OS (Big Sur). However, my Bluetooth headphones often stutter (sound briefly cuts out) when listening to audio. This problem occurs when using both Sony and Beats headphones. Just wondered if other people are having this problem (other forums do report similar issues)? Are there any quick fixes? I think it may be a software bug and I’m hoping that Apple fix it soon.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 2:44 AM

ihaynes Said:

"Bluetooth/Audio Playback Problems: Hi, I have a new M1 MacBook Pro running the latest OS (Big Sur). However, my Bluetooth headphones often stutter (sound briefly cuts out) when listening to audio. This problem occurs when using both Sony and Beats headphones. Just wondered if other people are having this problem (other forums do report similar issues)? Are there any quick fixes? I think it may be a software bug and I’m hoping that Apple fix it soon."

-------

Provide your Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your experience with of this issue. Include how you came across this issue, how you’ve troubleshot this, thus far, and your results. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 14, 2020 2:44 AM in response to ihaynes

ihaynes Said:

"Bluetooth/Audio Playback Problems: Hi, I have a new M1 MacBook Pro running the latest OS (Big Sur). However, my Bluetooth headphones often stutter (sound briefly cuts out) when listening to audio. This problem occurs when using both Sony and Beats headphones. Just wondered if other people are having this problem (other forums do report similar issues)? Are there any quick fixes? I think it may be a software bug and I’m hoping that Apple fix it soon."

-------

Provide your Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your experience with of this issue. Include how you came across this issue, how you’ve troubleshot this, thus far, and your results. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Dec 13, 2020 9:54 PM in response to ihaynes

I also have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) and have been experiencing the exact same stutter for steaming music/video play playback audio with Bluetooth devices.

I've experienced the stutter on Sennheiser PXC550 headphones and even AirPods (1st Gen).

From my understanding, I don't think there is a fix for it yet. Hopefully it can be resolved in a macOS Big Sur update.

Bluetooth/Audio Playback Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.