You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new phone and it's asking for passcode of old phone, but they are the same and the new phone will not accept it

I am trying to recover my icloud messages on new 12Pro Max and it is first asking for passcode on new phone and then it asks for passcode for old phone-the passcodes are the same for both phones, I didn't change it and I already removed the old device from my account...If I click on I forgot the passcode then it says I will lose all my icloud information, potentially

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 11:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 4:30 PM

Could it be a restrictions passcode you're seeing -- How can I reset the restrictions password? - Apple Community?

1 reply

I have a new phone and it's asking for passcode of old phone, but they are the same and the new phone will not accept it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.