You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

free subscription, free content?

I just registered my one year free subscription to Apple TV. But all the content I see I need to pay for. Why would I pay a monthly fee just to pay more for the content?

iPad

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 4:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 5:25 AM

Doesn't answer my question. If there is no free content why charge a monthly fee and then charge to view a movie? I get it that some content is from other providers, but even the Apple produce content costs $$. Other content providers like Netflix charge a monthly fee and provide ++ free content.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2020 5:25 AM in response to Rudegar

Doesn't answer my question. If there is no free content why charge a monthly fee and then charge to view a movie? I get it that some content is from other providers, but even the Apple produce content costs $$. Other content providers like Netflix charge a monthly fee and provide ++ free content.

Nov 26, 2020 9:36 AM in response to irvin_a

The subscription covers Apple TV+ content (Apple Originals). Apple TV+ is one of the Channels in the Apple TV app. To see just the Apple TV+ content, navigate to the Watch Now tab, scroll down to Channels, select tv+. The next page will have filtered to just Apple TV+. Or use the ‘Discover tv+’ tile. Or select from the scrollable tv+ row in the Watch Now tab. Or look for the tv+ logo on the tile artwork of promoted shows.

free subscription, free content?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.