You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepods disconnect from iTunes

I have two Homepods that continually and frequently disconnect from iTunes running on my computer. I also have airplay on a Sony receiver that never disconnects and also several airport express units that never disconnect. The Homepods are close to the router, so I don't know why I have problems with the Homepods and not the Sony nor the airport express units.

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 10:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 10:04 AM

Hello Roger Hoyer.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your HomePod disconnects from your computer when playing content from iTunes. We are happy to help.

We recommend checking for and updating your HomePod using the steps here: Update HomePod - Apple Support

We also recommend completing the steps here although the title is different from your issue: If HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2020 10:04 AM in response to Roger Hoyer

Hello Roger Hoyer.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your HomePod disconnects from your computer when playing content from iTunes. We are happy to help.

We recommend checking for and updating your HomePod using the steps here: Update HomePod - Apple Support

We also recommend completing the steps here although the title is different from your issue: If HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Dec 4, 2020 7:34 PM in response to Roger Hoyer

I got the resolution today by calling support on the telephone. They had me change the setting to "Allow Speaker & TV Access" to "Everyone" This resolved the problem immediately on both of my home pods. I had it set to anyone on this home network and that caused my problem of pausing and stopping on the home pods when using iTunes on a mac.

Dec 4, 2020 7:59 PM in response to Roger Hoyer

A great tip - thank you. However it still hasn't fixed the problem created by tvOS14 where setting the Homepods as default speakers on an ATV 4K prevents them (Homepods) from appearing in the Airplay list on other devices like iPhones. Once the ATV and Homepods are linked Airplay only works through the ATV. I need more versatility in my system.

Homepods disconnect from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.