You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yellow light flashing on time capsule, internet on but can access stuff

On my phone and on my computer I can’t access the net, although both indicate that I have WiFi. If I turn WiFi off, on my phone I can access the net. My router says it’s on. The tiny yellow light on my apple time tower thing is flashing. It appears to be hooked up. What am I missing. Can someone please give me a suggestion? Thank you.

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 12:02 PM

Power off the Time Capsule

Power off your modem

Wait a minute

Power the modem back up and wait a minute or two

Power the Time Capsule back up

Any change?

If the amber light is still flashing......

Open AirPort Utility on your Mac (Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)

Click on the picture of the Time Capsule and another smaller window will appear

Click on the small amber dot next to Status and another window will open with a message

Post back with the exact text of that message

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2020 12:02 PM in response to nolaj

Power off the Time Capsule

Power off your modem

Wait a minute

Power the modem back up and wait a minute or two

Power the Time Capsule back up

Any change?

If the amber light is still flashing......

Open AirPort Utility on your Mac (Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)

Click on the picture of the Time Capsule and another smaller window will appear

Click on the small amber dot next to Status and another window will open with a message

Post back with the exact text of that message

Nov 26, 2020 12:05 PM in response to nolaj

On my phone and on my computer I can’t access the net, although both indicate that I have WiFi. If I turn WiFi off, on my phone I can access the net.

Ok.. your phone is working over 4G connection.

My router says it’s on.

Sorry but is your router the Time Capsule (TC) or some ISP supplied router for example?

What make and model is main router? (assuming not the TC)

Does it have wifi and if so connect to that and see if internet is working?

If it is only ethernet single port.. then it is a modem but can still be tested if your computer has ethernet. For normal cable modem you need to power off the modem for 15min or so then power up again with only the computer connected.

The tiny yellow light on my apple time tower thing is flashing. It appears to be hooked up.

Open airport utility on a computer or phone .. iOS version can be downloaded.

A yellow blinking light tells us something is unhappy.. not details which we need.

Please tell us what is showing as the error when you click the icon of the TC in airport utility. A number of errors will show up. A screenshot is helpful but don't worry about it now.

Quick fixes.

1 Restart everything in order.

Shut down everything .. including main modem if you have that. Wait 15min.

Power up modem.. wait 2min

Power up TC.. wait 2min

Power up computer and phone wifi.

2 Reset the TC using the reset button located near the power plug for 10sec.

Redo the setup as the TC does occasionally fail and load wrong setup. The airport utility will lead you through the setup.

Use short names, no spaces and pure alphanumerics. NOT apple recommended names.

Password same rules but longer.. 8-20+ characters.

Yellow light flashing on time capsule, internet on but can access stuff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.