You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

usb/ Bluetooth connection switches off and on

When I connect an iPhone to one of the USB ports of my MacBook Air 2017, it keeps on reconnecting a few times per second. When I connect through BT, it connects, the bluetooth app says its not connected, while I can access it. I reinstalled Catalina (clean install), but to no avail. Any ideas?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 7:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 3:04 PM

I'm not that aware of the MacBook Air, but I know that the iPhone and MacBook are not supposed to connect via Bluetooth for file transfer. I can find information about transferring via wi-fi, but not via Bluetooth.

3 replies

Dec 6, 2020 5:19 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I wanted to transfer my live photo's (as live photo, not as jpg) to my macbook air. Airdrop does not give the option 'open in photo's). If I connect my iPhone now with my macbook air, it is connected, but when I try to double click it (to be able to transfer files), the only option is 'disconnect this network', and the iphone does not show up in the finder...

Connecting with USB cable does not work either (it dis- and reconnects a few times per second...). Maybe this is to force you to use iCloud :-). Thanks for your help!

usb/ Bluetooth connection switches off and on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.