You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not working (yahoo account)

Hello

Im looking for some help to resolve an issue I have with my yahoo mail account that is configured to the Apple Mail App that comes as standard with a Mac.

In my house the main router is downstairs, when Im connected to this there doesn't seem to be an issue with sending/receiving mail. Upstairs I don't get very good signal so I have bought a wifi booster, it appears that when I am connected to this I cannot send or receive mail (except on the very odd occasion, possibly when it reverts the connection back to the main router)

Can anyone point me to why this is happening?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 9:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 6:46 PM

Hello there CALLUMMC1990,

We're happy to help with this issue you're having with your Yahoo mail account. The message you are seeing typically means that there might be a network firewall blocking the connection to the email service. It's possible that you Wi-Fi booster may not be allowing the necessary email server access. You have confirmed that this issue is not with your home internet service, as you are able to connect using the main router. We suggest checking the booster settings, and referring to the manufacturer if needed. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2020 6:46 PM in response to CALLUMMC1990

Hello there CALLUMMC1990,

We're happy to help with this issue you're having with your Yahoo mail account. The message you are seeing typically means that there might be a network firewall blocking the connection to the email service. It's possible that you Wi-Fi booster may not be allowing the necessary email server access. You have confirmed that this issue is not with your home internet service, as you are able to connect using the main router. We suggest checking the booster settings, and referring to the manufacturer if needed. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mail not working (yahoo account)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.