You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos

I just switched from a Samsung phone to iPhone S11 to make it easier for me to download photos taken with the phone to my iMac desktop. In moving all my stuff from Samsung to my new iPhone S11, I saw that my photos in my iMac are now on my iPhone as well! If I delete these photos, will my photos in my iMac also be deleted?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 3:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 9:02 PM

You are probably using iCloud for Photos and therefore your photos are synched with your iPhone and iMac. The way this works is that if you delete, or add, photos on one (iPhone or iMac) then the other will also be synched and updated accordingly. In other words, if you delete a photo on your iPhone then it will be deleted on your iMac and vice versa. The answer to your question is a YES.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2020 9:02 PM in response to annabellefromscottsdale

You are probably using iCloud for Photos and therefore your photos are synched with your iPhone and iMac. The way this works is that if you delete, or add, photos on one (iPhone or iMac) then the other will also be synched and updated accordingly. In other words, if you delete a photo on your iPhone then it will be deleted on your iMac and vice versa. The answer to your question is a YES.

Axel F.

photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.