You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding an email account, No POP option

I wanted to add a POP email account, Ipad air 4. After entering new-account info and hitting next... only the IMAP option appears. The POP option is missing. I edited the incoming settings for Comcast POP. Does not work.

For what it's worth, there is an incoming setting "IMAP Path Prefix".

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 7:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 3:37 PM

I used the manual input. I finally found a work around. Long story short.... intentionally entering an incorrect password displays both IMAP and POP options, along with the password error. I ignored the error, selected POP and proceeded to enter correct info.

2 replies

Dec 5, 2020 11:19 AM in response to BrenowitzOnDrums

Hello BrenowitzOnDrums,

We see that you're trying to set up one of your email accounts. Were you setting it up manually or automatically? The steps on how to do so manually are here:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Not all email accounts may allow a certain setup, so if it isn't showing as an option manually we would recommend speaking with your email provider.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Adding an email account, No POP option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.