You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Meny automatically hidden??

Hi!

I hope someone can help me with this as I haven’t been able to figure out a solution yet.

My problem is that the menu bar on the top of my screen automatically disappears in Word whenever my mouse is not on it.

I’m not sure what this bar is called but it’s the one with the Apple logo in the left corner and the clock in the right corner (the white bar in the very top of my photo here).

I can control it in while on the desktop screen and in other apps by clicking or unclicking the option of automatically hiding and showing it, however, this doesn’t work in Word.

It’s very impractical because I can’t see what time it is while writing and working on my thesis.

So please, if anyone has an idea what to try out, I’ll be so very thankful :)

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 4:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 4:32 PM

If you don't put word in full screen the menu bar will remain. Otherwise you simply move the mouse to the top of the screen to show the bar.

1 reply

Meny automatically hidden??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.