You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 emails disappear

Emails keep disappearing and I have checked every single folder and I don’t know where they are going! I am not deleting them. I booked a flight and I can’t even find my confirmation email from less than 30 days ago! Very annoyed.

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 7:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 2:53 PM

Hey there New_to_iphone11,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your emails are missing unexpectedly. We’ll be happy to help with this.

To verify, does this happen for multiple accounts or just certain ones? Log into your affected email accounts from a web browser and see if your missing mail shows on the account level. This can help us determine what direction we need to head to resolve this.

If it shows on your account but not on your iPhone, back up the emails before taking any other steps. Then use the search option in Mail and see if your missing messages show in the results:

Search for and view email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If they don’t show, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap on the affected account and then tap Delete Account. Restart your iPhone after this:

Restart your iPhone

Add the account back and see if the missing emails show:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2020 2:53 PM in response to New_to_iphone11

Hey there New_to_iphone11,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your emails are missing unexpectedly. We’ll be happy to help with this.

To verify, does this happen for multiple accounts or just certain ones? Log into your affected email accounts from a web browser and see if your missing mail shows on the account level. This can help us determine what direction we need to head to resolve this.

If it shows on your account but not on your iPhone, back up the emails before taking any other steps. Then use the search option in Mail and see if your missing messages show in the results:

Search for and view email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If they don’t show, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap on the affected account and then tap Delete Account. Restart your iPhone after this:

Restart your iPhone

Add the account back and see if the missing emails show:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Dec 27, 2020 3:51 AM in response to barberlives123

I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

I deleted 5 emails on my phone and the phone deleted each and every email from every single account that I have on this phone. I have 13 email accounts and all email just magically disappeared.

i cannot retrieve email from any account as once they are synced with the phone it seems copies on the email servers are automatically removed as well. All Gmail email accounts. All email vanished. Why did this happen and how do I get my emails back? Years of emails just vanished.

Jan 1, 2021 1:08 PM in response to New_to_iphone11

Hi. Several months ago my iPhone 11 Pro Max started deleting my texts. Now, my emails are being deleted. It deleted emails from October 2020 back to 2018.

I cannot tell you how upset I am. I have lost so many pictures, personal info, ...

regardless of what I lost in general, this should not be happening. I want my info back and/ or replace this awful phone. I have never had a problem with any Apple product I’ve owned. I would like that to remain the case.

Thank you.

iPhone 11 emails disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.