You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing cursor

I recently noticed that my cursor is disappearing. To get it back I have to go up and click somewhere in the menu bar. This fixes the problem, but only until I switch to another program.

Any suggestions on how to fix this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 8:55 PM

Id first start by flashing the PRAM. When you do make sure that you wait until it chimes at least 5 times before letting go. If that doesn't work start by trashing the .plists below, then restart. Just be aware once you trash them they will revert to their 'default' setting.

~/Library/Preferences

com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse

com.apple.AppleMultitouchMouse

com.apple.finder

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2020 8:55 PM in response to michaelgraham2

Id first start by flashing the PRAM. When you do make sure that you wait until it chimes at least 5 times before letting go. If that doesn't work start by trashing the .plists below, then restart. Just be aware once you trash them they will revert to their 'default' setting.

~/Library/Preferences

com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse

com.apple.AppleMultitouchMouse

com.apple.finder

Dec 1, 2020 9:25 PM in response to michaelgraham2

This seems to be a common issue for a lot of people. Take a look at this community post - cursor disappears after Mojave upgrade - Apple Community

As mentioned previously, resetting the PRAM might solve the issue. Instructions for resetting can be found @ Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

It also appears that some users have had luck pressing ⌘ tab. Probably not a great permanent solution but maybe it can help in a pinch.

Disappearing cursor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.