You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

hello, i live in Jamaica and bought an unlock used iphone6 plus 2-3 years ago on amazon. i gave my little brother the phone, unfortunately the screen got cracked and after several tries the phone was disabled. after a few months we fixed the screen and wipe the phone only to see the activation lock came up. i put my icloud email and password seeing that i was using the phone before him did but its saying " your email cannot unlock this iphone" his icloud address said the same. what cam be done to unclock the phone?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:48 PM

Ask the seller to remove the lock or give you a refund. It's an anti-theft measure.

(187286)

2 replies

Dec 1, 2020 5:57 PM in response to josan96

There is nothing that can be done to get that Activation Lock removed except to enter the correct Apple ID and Password.

I believe that when you bought the iPhone 6 Plus, it was a lost or stolen iPhone that was sold to you. The seller probably had a one time unlock to sell the iPhone which worked until you had to reset the iPhone because it was disabled.

Axel F.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.