You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Note App problem with down arrow (↓)

Hi,

I'm using Note App (the native in MacOS) Version 4.8 (1790).

There is a bad shortcut: when I press the down arrow to move cursor in the page (↓) instead of move the cursor the 'Align to the center' is triggered.

This is very annoying because I can't change line quickly with keyboard, I can only use right (→) or left (←) arrows.

I attach a screenshot (sorry it is Italian version) of the issue.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 7:50 PM

Use Keyboard System Preferences, Shortcuts to add a custom shortcut to Notes (or all apps if more use that command).

That should change it to use the custom command you enter instead of down arrow.

On a US keyboard layout the shortcut is cmd-| (or cmd-shift-\). Is that shortcut not convenient or possible on an Italian layout?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2020 7:50 PM in response to dmat93

Use Keyboard System Preferences, Shortcuts to add a custom shortcut to Notes (or all apps if more use that command).

That should change it to use the custom command you enter instead of down arrow.

On a US keyboard layout the shortcut is cmd-| (or cmd-shift-\). Is that shortcut not convenient or possible on an Italian layout?

Note App problem with down arrow (↓)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.