You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dragging photos

I have a large album that I reorganize often. I used to be able to drag photos from anywhere in the album to anywhere else. Now I can't drag it beyond the top of the section that I am viewing. I have downloaded Big Sur, which seems to be the problem. Any suggestions?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 11:05 AM

The same here on my Big Sur Mac. The album does not automatically scroll, when I try to drag a photo to the top of the album. I have to drop the photo, when I reach the upper border of the display, scroll the album manually, then drag the photo up to the upper border of the window, drop it again, etc. It takes a very long time to move a photo to the top of a large album.

You may want to send a bug report to Apple: Feedback - Photos - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2020 11:05 AM in response to marthaheim

The same here on my Big Sur Mac. The album does not automatically scroll, when I try to drag a photo to the top of the album. I have to drop the photo, when I reach the upper border of the display, scroll the album manually, then drag the photo up to the upper border of the window, drop it again, etc. It takes a very long time to move a photo to the top of a large album.

You may want to send a bug report to Apple: Feedback - Photos - Apple

Dragging photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.