You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My laptop got stolen, is there a way of deleting all the information?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 6:08 PM

The following may help but note that the Mac will need to be online or come back online to be erased. See: If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

This won't help with the current issue but if you turn on FileVault on your next Mac (if you get one), all data is encrypted and inaccessible. Use FileVault to encrypt the startup disk on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2020 6:08 PM in response to mohan107

The following may help but note that the Mac will need to be online or come back online to be erased. See: If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

This won't help with the current issue but if you turn on FileVault on your next Mac (if you get one), all data is encrypted and inaccessible. Use FileVault to encrypt the startup disk on your Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.