You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CBS all access not active in Apple TV

This keeps changing. I think Apple does not like people to pay directly to CBS.

Even though I have a CBS subscription through Apple subscription service on my iphone, and even though in Apple TV app, in settings, the app is connected to CBS app and it shows I have an active subscription, the Apple TV app does not let me watch CBS and says I need to get a 2nd subscription!!!!!!!

Things like these are why people are fleeing to other services.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 9:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 6:05 AM

You can’t use the Apple TV app Channel CBS if you signed up for CBS outside the Apple TV app. These subscriptions are not exchangeable like that. Different licenses, different perks.

You can set a show to link correctly to the separate CBS app, by changing the content provider on the Information/Details page for that show (section: How to Watch).

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

However, if your subscribe to CBS through the Apple TV app, then CBS allows you to convert that to an additional true CBS account, to be able to watch it on the web and in the separate CBS app too. (More content providers should be so modern and flexible!)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2020 6:05 AM in response to Pouryashamsi

You can’t use the Apple TV app Channel CBS if you signed up for CBS outside the Apple TV app. These subscriptions are not exchangeable like that. Different licenses, different perks.

You can set a show to link correctly to the separate CBS app, by changing the content provider on the Information/Details page for that show (section: How to Watch).

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

However, if your subscribe to CBS through the Apple TV app, then CBS allows you to convert that to an additional true CBS account, to be able to watch it on the web and in the separate CBS app too. (More content providers should be so modern and flexible!)

CBS all access not active in Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.