You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No service on iPhone 12 pro

Is there a cure for this?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 12:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 2:45 PM

Try resetting network settings. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings : You may need enter your known Wi-Fi password(s) again.

If that does not work then I recommend that you take your iPhone 12 Pro to your carrier and get a new SIM card.

If that does not resolve the issue then your iPhone 12 Pro is still new and under warranty. Take it to be examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center. If they are closed in your area then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2020 2:45 PM in response to Kt02day

Try resetting network settings. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings : You may need enter your known Wi-Fi password(s) again.

If that does not work then I recommend that you take your iPhone 12 Pro to your carrier and get a new SIM card.

If that does not resolve the issue then your iPhone 12 Pro is still new and under warranty. Take it to be examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center. If they are closed in your area then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Dec 6, 2020 11:25 PM in response to Axel Foley

Yes, tried all that, the SIM card works in two other iPhones but got to wait nearly a week from last Friday to this Wednesday for an appointment so clearly lots of others are having problems with their new phones - reports of no service with working SIM card from China, USA too.

it is also ah hour, 70 miles away so having to take the afternoon off. Just hope it can be fixed while I am there or I will have more time without a phone which after paying £1100 is not good.

Dec 6, 2020 11:46 PM in response to Kt02day

I’m having the same problem - randomly dropping signal in areas where my iPhone 8 was absolutely fine. Dropped me off a phone call last night again and then my friend trying to call me back couldn’t get through. I’ve tried resetting network settings, carrier update, turning the phone off and on again, turning roaming off. Nothing works. I’m on virgin mobile (EE network).

Dec 7, 2020 12:54 AM in response to Ash56

I have tried 3, Smarty and EE sims, resetting from scratch as suggested by iPhone tech team each time none work in the new phone all sims work in my iPad, and their various phones.

it’s the phone I use for work so unless this is sorted I may have to cancel my trip to relatives for Christmas next weekend, or buy another phone as I can not work without it.

I am so disappointed in the lack of openness about the problem from apple and with no replacement phones available I hope there is a fix by Thursday or I will probably have to buy another phone having traded in my previous phone for this one...

No service on iPhone 12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.