You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing text notifications

My iPhone 11 Pro Max isn't consistently notifying me when I receive a text message. This is happing with texts and iMessages; and it isn’t working about 80% of the time. The new messages do not show up until I actually open the message.

Please help!

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 5:37 AM

Hello,

Hmm, see these steps for possible reasons:

1) Check the silent button above the volume buttons.  Do you see red?  If so, move the slider.

2) Is Do Not Disturb on?  Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.  Is it turned on?  Check the times.

3) Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.  It is turned on?

4) Go to Settings > Sound & Haptics.  Change the "Text Tone" to a different sound.  Does it make a sound?

Note: you can send text messages to yourself for testing purposes.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2020 5:37 AM in response to KarateAmanda

Hello,

Hmm, see these steps for possible reasons:

1) Check the silent button above the volume buttons.  Do you see red?  If so, move the slider.

2) Is Do Not Disturb on?  Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.  Is it turned on?  Check the times.

3) Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.  It is turned on?

4) Go to Settings > Sound & Haptics.  Change the "Text Tone" to a different sound.  Does it make a sound?

Note: you can send text messages to yourself for testing purposes.

Good luck.

Missing text notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.