You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 volume is low

I am having trouble with my brand new iPhone 12 Max Pro. The volume is so low I can hardly hear the person on the line. I have it turned up at high as it will go, and it is so soft. Any fixes?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, 14

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:40 AM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2020 1:33 PM in response to AnyaLevnev

Hi Anya,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities and congratulations on your new iPhone 12 Pro Max! We know you have a lot invested in your new phone, and want to make sure that the volume level works the way you'd expect. So we're on the same page, is the volume too low when you hold the phone to your ear, when you're using speakerphone, with headphones, or all of the above? If it's happening while you're holding the phone to your ear, let's try working through the steps below and see if the behavior improves. In particular, you'll want to make sure that any screen protectors, cases or films are removed from the phone before testing.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If the behavior is happening with headphones, are you able to test with a different pair of headphones to see if the problem persists?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Take care.

iPhone 12 volume is low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.