You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After a few minutes all videos I add to shared albums disappear. I send them in mp4 files <1 minute each.

After a few minutes all videos I add to shared albums disappear. I send them in mp4 files <1 minute each.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 3:50 PM

7 replies

Dec 9, 2020 11:19 AM in response to zinacef

I thought that’s what I was doing. But I may be confused about how this process works.

I thought by creating a shared album on iCloud I would be able to access it from my two or three devices and invite others to access it from their devices. But I can’t seem to get the videos to remain on iCloud or in the shared album. I add them to the shared album, and they show up but a few minutes later they have disappeared. When I sign into iCloud I find my other folders and albums but I can’t find the shared album I created.

Dec 9, 2020 9:55 AM in response to zinacef

No, I’m saving them from my foscam motion sensitive camera to my iPad or my iPhone. I have iCloud and I thought that would be automatically populated by photos from both my iPad and iPhone, but it’s not consistent. Some of my photos taken on one device show up in the other, but the videos don’t. That caused meto try setting up a shared album, from which I could also let other people see the videos. But that’s not working either.

Dec 9, 2020 12:03 PM in response to dhausam

. When I sign into iCloud I find my other folders and albums but I can’t find the shared album I created.

Shared album are not accessible on iCloud.

Only via the macOS Photos app, the iOS Photos app and via iCloud for Windows. That's why there are invites.

If you create the public website, others can see them on the web.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.