You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samantha can’t log on to Apple ID cause code gets sent to old number

I cAnt log on to my Apple ID

thw confirmation code keeps getting sent to an old number which I no longer have ! So how do I get the numbers changed so I can receive the code and access my Apple ID and download apps again

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 9:08 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2020 6:04 AM in response to Samanthaested29

Hi there Samanthaested29,

We understand you're unable to sign in to your Apple ID due to the verification codes being sent to an old phone number, and we'd like to share some resources that can help.

Get started by signing in with the other ways to receive that verification code here: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

You can then use the steps from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID below to update your trusted number:

"Manage your account

You can manage your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID account page.

Manage your trusted phone numbers

To use two-factor authentication, you need at least one trusted phone number on file where you can receive verification codes. Consider verifying an additional trusted phone number other than your own phone number. If your iPhone is your only trusted device and it is missing or damaged, you will be unable to receive verification codes required to access your account."

Cheers!

Samantha can’t log on to Apple ID cause code gets sent to old number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.