You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing on MacBook

I am trying to install Mac OS X Lion on my MacBook Air and it asked me to select the disk where you want to install but nothing is there to select. What do I do next?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 9:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:19 PM

Lion will only install on MacBook Airs older than July 2012. If you have a newer MacBook Air, you can install the oldest system it will run using command-option-shift-R internet restore and connect to a secure WiFi. You will need to erase a partition large enough for it to install after backing up the data on the Mac. July 22, 2011 Macs are the oldest Macs that support internet restore. Prior Macs you need to use either the original installer flash drive, or a retail 10.6.3 installer if the Mac is older than March 15, 2010 to get 10.6 installed, and then run the 10.6.8 combo update to get the App Store to install Lion.

Windows does not support installing Mac OS X.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 11, 2020 12:19 PM in response to Needhelpmeplease

Lion will only install on MacBook Airs older than July 2012. If you have a newer MacBook Air, you can install the oldest system it will run using command-option-shift-R internet restore and connect to a secure WiFi. You will need to erase a partition large enough for it to install after backing up the data on the Mac. July 22, 2011 Macs are the oldest Macs that support internet restore. Prior Macs you need to use either the original installer flash drive, or a retail 10.6.3 installer if the Mac is older than March 15, 2010 to get 10.6 installed, and then run the 10.6.8 combo update to get the App Store to install Lion.

Windows does not support installing Mac OS X.

Installing on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.