You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using my homepod as tv speakers the options in the instructions on this page are not available on my iphone or apple tv. All of the software is up to date so what gives.

Trying to use my homepod as tv speakers the options in the instructions are not available on my iphone or apple tv. All software is up to date, so what gives. This was available in the previous software.

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 7:05 AM

3 replies

Dec 10, 2020 3:04 PM in response to Mikcon02

That home theater audio option is available for Apple TV 4K with tvOS 14. Not for Apple TV HD, iPhone or other models devices. Not for HomePod Mini, or AirPods, other speakers. iPhone can help with the setup, but isn’t strictly needed. iPhone will have the Home app, where you can assign devices to rooms, and bind a stereo pair.

Please confirm your model Apple TV box and your model iPhone, and their software version numbers.

using my homepod as tv speakers the options in the instructions on this page are not available on my iphone or apple tv. All of the software is up to date so what gives.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.