You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad apps consistently crash and solution not working

Apple standard and downloaded apps crash almost as soon as I open. I have followed Apple’s recommendations with no improvement. Other ideas?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 11:03 AM

4 replies

Dec 22, 2020 1:10 PM in response to pmozz07

That is not a lot of free, internal data storage space, but it is sufficient.

Never, EVER let any computer or computing device completely fill up with data.

Apple iOS devices need to retain an operational storage amount of between 2-4 GBs, at all times.

So, your iPad is getting low on storage space.

Do you leave a lot of, potentially, background running apps hanging open in the iOS App Switcher?

Make sure you do not have a lot of apps running in the background in the iOS App Switcher.

Dbl click the Home button or to check this or swipe a finger from the bottom of the screen half way to the middle of the screen to invoke the iOS App Switcher.

Keep active App Switcher Apps to a comfortable minimum.

DO NOT leave dozens and dozens of apps simply “hanging out” in the iOS App Switcher

If you have a lot of apps still active in the iOS App Switcher, hold a finger on one of the apps and slide your finger up to quit the app.

If you can reach other apps with other fingers, you can quit more than one app simultaneously.

Tap on the link below to my iDevice/iOS performance/optimisation user tips link.

Slow iPad on iOS 11, 12, and iPadOS - Apple Community

Try all of these tips and leave each tip active together.

Do not simply try every tip individually, expecting just one tip to be a performance “cure all”.

Many of these tips are designed to work together to help improve overall iOS/iDevice performance.

This should help make sure your iPad has fewer crashing issues.

Dec 21, 2020 12:23 PM in response to pmozz07

My angry birds 2 app keeps crashing when I try to play in the arena, I lose time, I lose points, I lose gems (money)!

This has only happened since they did their latest update/upgrade, approximately three weeks ago!

I have tried all the fixes and solutions I could find on the internet and nothing works, I even contacted ROVIO and they couldn’t help me. I am at my wits end and quite frustrated!

iPad apps consistently crash and solution not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.