You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Pro and a Canon MG3222 printer. Since installing OS 11, it does not work. I get an error message. What can I do to fix that?

Does anyone have a solution to the problem? I have a MacBook Pro and a Canon MG3222 printer. Since installing the latest OS 11, the printer does not work. I've tried a few things with no success. There is no printer driver for the new OS version.

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:07 PM

Apple's built-in AirPrint supports the Canon MG3220 and MG3230 devices, and may support your printer without any Canon driver download — even though your specific printer appears to be unsupported by AirPrint.

With the printer powered on and wired/wireless networked, visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel, and right-click on your printer icon. Choose Reset printing system… and this will initiate dialogs to re-add your printer with designated driver support. Instead of any Canon drivers, see if AirPrint is offered, and if so, select it, and then re-add the printer. Print something.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 11, 2020 12:07 PM in response to Festuspe

Apple's built-in AirPrint supports the Canon MG3220 and MG3230 devices, and may support your printer without any Canon driver download — even though your specific printer appears to be unsupported by AirPrint.

With the printer powered on and wired/wireless networked, visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel, and right-click on your printer icon. Choose Reset printing system… and this will initiate dialogs to re-add your printer with designated driver support. Instead of any Canon drivers, see if AirPrint is offered, and if so, select it, and then re-add the printer. Print something.

I have a MacBook Pro and a Canon MG3222 printer. Since installing OS 11, it does not work. I get an error message. What can I do to fix that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.