You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flagged gmail not showing up

Ever since I upgraded to Big Sur on my macbook pro, when I flag an email it does not show as flagged in the main email screen.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 8:45 AM

4 replies

Jan 22, 2021 10:45 AM in response to Jonathan Freund

I found the solution on another thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252319965?answerId=254418596022#254418596022

In the left side column, is Favorites listed at the top of it? If so, hover your mouse next to the word Favorites and click the plus sign. Then click the dropdown box to the right of Mailbox to Add in the window that appears. Choose Flagged and OK. It should then appear in the left side column. It should also have a small arrow in front of it that you can click on to show the list of the different color flags.

Jan 22, 2021 10:34 AM in response to nrscarol

I have this and multiple flag problems with all emails in Mail, not only gmail:

Flags show on the individual emails, but there are no Flag mailboxes in the sidebar.

The only way to find flagged emails is using Sort and/or Filter on the View menu which is not a useful solution as it shows ALL flags sorted in the default order.

For a few days, I was able to see some flag mailboxes in the sidebar; however there was odd behavior of colors chosen on emails resulting in different colors showing in sidebar (e.g., setting a Green flag on an email and a Blue flag appearing in the sidebar). During that time I renamed some of the flags and those names have stuck, but am now not able to rename others.

I tried Rebuilding and starting in Safe Mode. Neither had any effect.

Thank you for any help.

Flagged gmail not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.