You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist not showing up on iPhone

I imported about 300 songs on Mac desktop Apple Music app, then created a playlist with those songs...

The playlist does not show up even a day later, but the individual songs show on my iPhone under recently added.

Why are the songs available to listen to on iPhone but the playlist is not?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 1:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 12:34 PM

Thanks @jdo_apple

I had done all those steps previous... interestingly. If I create a playlist on iPhone or iPad with same songs, it will sync back to Mac. I just can't get any Mac desktop Apple Music newly created playlist to sync to devices.

3 replies

Dec 16, 2020 11:25 AM in response to Oahu808

Hello Oahu808,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to see a playlist you created on your Mac on your iPhone, but the songs were added to your iPhone. To help with this, please restart your iPhone, and then check the relevant steps in these Apple resources, and then contact Apple directly if you need any further assistance.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

Get Support 

Cheers!

Playlist not showing up on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.